Label Printing Artwork Specifications and Acceptable File Format
Illustrator, Photoshop or a PDF created from either of these programs.
- Preferred choice is live, vector art in Illustrator.
- Regarding Photoshop files- when preparing Photoshop files, crop close to the actual image size. Supply high-resolution files for output (300 dpi). Try to keep the file size to a minimum without compromising the quality.
Bleeds should extend at least .0625” off all edges of the die cut.
- Build all process (CMYK) work with CMYK not RGB.
- Do not build art with spot colors if it is intended to run as 4/color process.
- Do not use 4/color process for small type, positive or reverse.
- Use Pantone colors for spot color jobs.
- Vignettes/ screens need to be specified with percentages (3% minimum dot). Do not stop screens or gradients within the print area. This may create a visible line where the dots end. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions on this issue.
Ideally, a die indicator should be placed on a separate file layer.
- Minimum type size for face print applications should be five pt.
- Drop-out/reverse text should be a minimum of 6 pt. type and a bold font style. On reverse text, do not use a font that has thin serifs or strokes.
- Include all fonts that are used (printer and screen), and place in a separate folder.
All lines should be a minimum of .5 pt.
Our standard proof is a PDF via email. If you require a different type of proof, please call us to discuss.
We will create all barcodes except QR codes, which must be supplied as part of the artwork. For all other codes, advise the type of code needed and supply the alpha/numeric information required.
Submission of Completed Files
- You may email you files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a PDF of the final artwork with all type converted to outlines. If your file is too large to email, contact us and we will supply the FTP site information.
- Please include the files of the final design, and all EPS, TIFF and linked files used in the design. All scanned images must be at least 300 dpi to yield the best possible resolution.
***NOTE: All submissions that are incomplete, incorrect or in an unacceptable application will incur additional charges. All new or corrective artwork requirements will be charged at $30.00 per 20-minute segment. Prior notice will be given.