For digital labels, Renell Label Print will help you determine when digitally printed labels may be a better option for you.
There are several formats for digital labels . All of them work directly from computer files and therefore, do not print with plates and ink on a press. Digital is well suited for variable copy labels (like serial numbers or personalization) and for smaller runs or trial labels. Depending on label size, quantity, and complexity, there is a crossover point at which flexo printed labels will economically outperform digital labels. Contact Renell Label-Print about this subject and speak with a professional
Since digital print speed is considerably slower, costs tend to be higher.
What kind of imaging is used in digital label printing?
- Thermal / thermal transfer- uses heat activated ink ribbons (usually black). Good for basic, one color imprinting. Typical uses: barcodes, parts identification, food items and ingredients, warehouse and carton labels, basic variable copy of any kind.
- Ink jet- uses quality proprietary ink systems, depending on equipment
- Toner based- uses quality proprietary fused toner systems, depending on equipment.
Consult Renell for your best digital label options.
If we can help you further on any aspect of your label requirements,
- Call us at 201-652-6544 between 8:30-4:30 EST
- Submit a “Quick Quote” request
- Use our “Help Desk” for specific questions
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with any graphics attachments that may relate to your label inquiry